Port Sunlight River Park Bioblitz - 26-27/5/2017

Discussion forum for all Moth (Micro & Macro-moths (Lepidoptera)) related topics.
stevehind

Port Sunlight River Park Bioblitz - 26-27/5/2017

Post by stevehind »

Port Sunlight River Park Bioblitz - 26-27/5/2017:

Would anyone be able to help out with moth recording during the Port Sunlight River Park Bioblitz, which is due to take place on the 26th and 27th May 2017 ? There has been little invertebrate recording done on site, so they are keen to use this opportunity to get an idea what they have on site. They are particularly keen to run moth traps on site on the evening of the 26th May. There are secure areas of the site where it is possible to leave traps out overnight if this was of interest. They would also like someone to go through the catch with the public in the morning if possible ?

The site is owned/leased by the Landtrust and is managed by Autism Together. The site manager is Anne Litherland (Anne.Litherland@autismtogether.co.uk) and she is coordinating the day.

If you are interested, or would like more information, please contact Anne directly via email.

PaulHopkins

Re: Port Sunlight River Park Bioblitz - 26-27/5/2017

Post by PaulHopkins »

I've been in touch with Anne, I'll be trapping at the River Park on the Fri night (26th May 2017).

Cheers,
Paul

PaulHopkins

Post by PaulHopkins »

I met with Anne today, trapping is a go for the evening of 26/5/2017. However leaving a trap unattended overnight isn't on the cards, so I'm going to run my Skinner trap with 125w MV light from sunset to about 11pm, volumes won't be as great as an all-nighter but hopefully we'll be able to pick up a few decent records. Anne will be leading the bat walk at this time so anyone interested will be able to drop by and see some moths.

Since I don't have a generator or working battery electrics, I'll be limited to a 50 meter radius of the power supply at the park office. If it goes well, I might invest in a generator later this year and try trapping by the lake at the other end of the park, where I suspect there will be more interesting species to be had.

Cheers,
Paul

melbellingham

Post by melbellingham »

Hi Paul,

I have a generator and several traps, and am available for the evening, but not much of the following day.

If I can be of assistance, just let me know. Glad to help.

Mel.

PaulHopkins

Post by PaulHopkins »

Hi Mel - I've sent you a PM.

Cheers,
Paul

melbellingham

Post by melbellingham »

Hi Paul,

Replied by PM.