Box Tree Moth (Cydalima perspectalis)

Discussion forum for all Moth (Micro & Macro-moths (Lepidoptera)) related topics.
stevehind

Box Tree Moth (Cydalima perspectalis)

Post by stevehind »

Colin Plant, County Moth Recorder for Hertfordshire, is currently collaborating with Chris Poole, UK Chairman of the European Box Wood and Topiary Society (see their web site at /www.ebts.org/) over records of the Box Tree Moth Cydalima perspectalis. Their society has a significant database of records of Box Tree Moth, both as adults and as larvae, from various stations across England and Wales. Chris is prepared to release these records to the CMR network and it is their intention to jointly author a review paper dealing with the spread of this species in Britain (and elsewhere). They are aiming to collate data and write stuff up in the winter (November/December 2018). Subject to satisfactory peer-review, publication would be in the journal Entomologist’s Record early in 2019.

As I will probably not receive your 2018 moth records until the winter, could you provide me details of any 2018 records of Box Tree Moth you have, or catch during their second brood, as and when you catch them so that I can forward them on to Colin.

Thanks
Steve