Another mild night

Discussion forum for all Moth (Micro & Macro-moths (Lepidoptera)) related topics.
stevehind

Another mild night

Post by stevehind »

Does anyone use the website Windy.com ? Last night the site forecast winds coming up from the Azores, so with the possibility of a migrant, out went the trap and sure enough a single Diamond-back Moth was inside this morning. It was another mild night and with a minimum temperature of 9 degrees, I managed 20 moths of 10 species, including an early Pale Brindled Beauty. I missed this species earlier in the year through lack of trapping, so it was also new for the year.

Regards
Steve
Attachments
051218.JPG
melbellingham

Re: Another mild night

Post by melbellingham »

Hi Steve,

It also turned out to be a mild night here (9C minimum), but it was preceded by a day of monsoon type weather, and was still raining when I went to bed. As a result, even though I normally take every opportunity to run the trap, I didn't bother.

I was not aware of the windy.com website, but will definitely take a look.

Come to think of it though, it always seems to be windy here.

Mel.
SteveH

Re: Another mild night

Post by SteveH »

Hi guys,

every time I've thought about putting the trap on in the last 2-3 weeks has been thwarted by rains of biblical proportions - sometimes when I look out of the window I realise what it must be like living inside a waterfall!

Good to hear that someone's catching something though.

Cheers,
Steve