Congratulations everyone!

Discussion forum for all Moth (Micro & Macro-moths (Lepidoptera)) related topics.
SteveH

Congratulations everyone!

Post by SteveH »

Morning folks,
this is by way of a thank you for all your records now received for 2018. Steve Hind and I are now in the thick of writing the final report and will be basing it on no less than 78,520 records - over 6,000 more than last year. Well done to everyone and we hope you are now racking up information on catches already made in 2019!

Cheers,
Steve H and Steve HH
melbellingham

Re: Congratulations everyone!

Post by melbellingham »

County Recorders all over Britain will be pleased to note that the task of report writing will be so much easier in future.

Mel.
SteveH

Post by SteveH »

hmmmm I'm sure how seriously to take that Mel :-)

Steve
RachelMC

Post by RachelMC »

Please note that I've deleted the post about Report Writing. It appears to be from a spam account.
SteveH

Post by SteveH »

Thanks Rachel - I think we all thought the same :-)

Cheers,
Steve
melbellingham

Post by melbellingham »

As a member and user of this forum I use a computer, but my computer skills are very basic.

I know ‘something’ about what I do, but very little about the things I don’t usually attempt.

The recent reply by albertscales, which doesn’t seem to have anything to do with this post and might be more to do with the spam reply which was deleted (an advertisement for someone offering ‘report writing’ services), has a link to ‘wiki managers’.

I have no intension of using the link, but if someone does, would be safe to use it, or is it some sort of trap.

If it is, would it stop further spam replies if it was deleted completely.

My reply to the spam post (dated 24/05/2019), does not now appear to have the same context to the original reason for my comment, so anyone reading the post now would not be able to follow the thread anyway.

Mel.
PaulHopkins

Post by PaulHopkins »

I wonder the title of this thread - "Congratulations everyone!" - is somehow attracting the attention of one or more spam bots. It might be worth just deleting the whole thread, which would be a pity but possibly make the problem go away?

Cheers
Paul
RachelMC

Post by RachelMC »

PaulHopkins wrote:I wonder the title of this thread - "Congratulations everyone!" - is somehow attracting the attention of one or more spam bots. It might be worth just deleting the whole thread, which would be a pity but possibly make the problem go away?

Cheers
Paul
We occasionally get these spammers. I'm a Forum Moderator, but as an occasional volunteer at RECORD I don't monitor the Forum all the time. However, I'm deleting the post and deleting the user!
Rachel
RachelMC

Post by RachelMC »

melbellingham wrote:...
The recent reply by albertscales, which doesn’t seem to have anything to do with this post and might be more to do with the spam reply which was deleted (an advertisement for someone offering ‘report writing’ services), has a link to ‘wiki managers’.
Mel.
Mel - I've deleted the spam post (and the user!)
Rachel