New for my Garden

Discussion forum for all Moth (Micro & Macro-moths (Lepidoptera)) related topics.
Tim_Ward

New for my Garden

Post by Tim_Ward »

Monday night brought a Lunar Marbled Brown (pictured) to my Henbury (Macclesfield) garden (a first). It never ceases to surprise me that after several years of recording I still get new species turning up quite regularly!
The other feature of Monday night was was the 10 Pugs of 4 different species (Brindled, Oak, Double-striped and Mottled); I found the Brian Hancock guide really useful for identifying these (though a few were too worn to be certain). All recorded in MapMate as always.
Tim
Attachments
Lunar Marbled Brown.jpg
stevehind

Re: New for my Garden

Post by stevehind »

I’m doing well for Lunar Marbled Brown this year, with 24 between 19-25th April. It’s certainly become well established near me in recent years. I caught only four in my first 17 years here, then 9 in 2011 but this is the first year I’ve reached double figures.

Regards
Steve
SteveH

Re: New for my Garden

Post by SteveH »

...you guys are not alone, I'm hearing from other sources that the species is having a good year.

I'd try trapping for one - but at the moment I'm just happy that my trap is still in the garden and not in Belgium...

Cheers,
Steve