ZERO MOTHS

Discussion forum for all Moth (Micro & Macro-moths (Lepidoptera)) related topics.
Greg

ZERO MOTHS

Post by Greg »

Morning All,

My first zero moth trap last night since January.
When is this yoyo weather going to finally settle down ?

Greg :(
melbellingham

Re: ZERO MOTHS

Post by melbellingham »

Hi Greg,

Since the recent storm my catches had been heading that way, with 3 moths of 3 species on 01/05, 3 moths of 3 species on 02/05, 2 moths of 2 species on 04/05, 1 moth on 05/05 and zero last night (06/05).

Mel.
PaulHopkins

Post by PaulHopkins »

Similar story for me too. Hopefully there are millions of dormant pupae out there, ready to regale us with a spectacular mass emergence when the weather warms up next week!

Cheers
Paul
stevehind

Post by stevehind »

The year appears to be catching up with the moths, so rather than everything emerging early, we may find emergence more the norm after this cold spell.

Just four moths last night for me - 2 Red Chestnut - which is a good record in itself, as not one I catch every year. the other two were Nematopogon swammerdamella & Ancylis badiana.

Regards
Steve
wirralbirder

Post by wirralbirder »

Hi All
I've only had the trap out twice this month.The first of the month produced zero months.The sixth was a slight improvement of two moths,Shuttle-shaped Dart and a male Muslin Moth.Not bothering tonight(8th) either.
Cheers Harry
JulianB

Post by JulianB »

It does seem like it's been downhill since March. We had just 7 moths last night, across 2 traps. Three Hebrew Character; 1 Clouded Drab (battered); 2 Brindled Pugs (worn); and 1 Pale-shouldered Brocade (in better condition, photo'd on a newly opened sycamore leaf).

Cheers, Julian

TEMPLATE
Attachments
PSB.jpg