Struggling with a micro.....again.

Discussion forum for all Moth (Micro & Macro-moths (Lepidoptera)) related topics.
melbellingham

Struggling with a micro.....again.

Post by melbellingham »

Not only am I stuggling with a micro, but I'm also struggling to record any NFY macro's lately.

Up to the 26/05 I was in front of last year's total, but in the last few days of May last year (2018), I was recording NFY moths nightly.

The difference now is 64 (2019) compared with 80 in 2018. As of last night (29/05/2019) I am missing 23 species that I had recorded by the same date last year. What makes it sound even worse, is that I have already recorded species this year, that had not appeared yet in 2018.

I know that I will record some of the moths on the 'missing' list, but I can't help wondering if the good year we all experienced last year, has not been as good for our moths.

Three NFY micro's from 29/05/2019 were Caloptilia robustella, Pseudargyrotoza conwagana and what I have tentitvely ID'd as Cydia cosmophorana, or possibly one of the Pammene family.

As usual confirmation, correction or whether it will need disection would be appreciated.
Cydia cosmophorana???
Cydia cosmophorana???
Better night last night (30/05/2019) with Clouded Silver, Small Clouded Brindle, Small Dusty Wave, Tinea trinotella, Teleiodes luculella and Small Magpie all NFY, but my missing list has increased to 25.

Mel.
stevehind

Re: Struggling with a micro.....again.

Post by stevehind »

Cydia cosmophorana is an excellent find Mel.
The first Wirral record and fifth county record.
regards
Steve
melbellingham

Re: Struggling with a micro.....again.

Post by melbellingham »

Thanks Steve,

I had an idea that there were not many records, but according to my Mapmate database we trapped one in Delamere a few years back.

Mel.