Help from Mapmate Users

Discussion forum for all Moth (Micro & Macro-moths (Lepidoptera)) related topics.
melbellingham

Help from Mapmate Users

Post by melbellingham »

Yesterday I received notification of a new update patch 505 Lepidoptera and downloaded and installed it.

This morning, when trying to input my records, I found that I could not enter some species. Not only could I not enter them, but I could not find any refernce of them in my previous records either.

I am wondering if I have caused a problem, so if you have installed patch 505, I would appreciate it if you could let me know whether you have experienced the same problem.

The species I found the problem involved this morning were Yellow-tail, Common Footman, Mother of Pearl, Scoparia ambigualis, Eudonia mercurella, Eudonia lacustrata, Chrysoteuchia culmella and Diamond-back.

Mel.
GrahamJones

Re: Help from Mapmate Users

Post by GrahamJones »

I've installed the update too Mel, but not entered any of my own records onto MapMate since then. However, I've just tried Mother of Pearl, Yellow-tail, Scoparia ambigualis and Eudonia Mercurella and got 'taxon invalid' for all.

Certainly worth emailing MapMate to highlight the problem, and surely others will have reported the issue by now too? I'm away for the next couple of days, and if the problem hasn't been rectified when I'm back, I'll email them myself.

Graham
melbellingham

Post by melbellingham »

Hi Graham,

I emailed Mapmate this morning, just in case, but not had a reply yet.

Not only the problem as described this morning, but I cannot search any of my previous records associated with those species. They just don't seem to exist, or ay least are not recognised.

Mel.
melbellingham

Post by melbellingham »

A reply from Mark at Mapmate, states that he is 'aware of the problem, and is working on it'.

Apparantly the problem is that 'a couple of families are excluded from some of the Lepidoptera filters'.

Mel.
GrahamJones

Post by GrahamJones »

Thanks for the update Mel. All a bit frustrating. I'm going to hold off inputting records into MapMate, and will email Mark myself.
GrahamJones

Post by GrahamJones »

New patch that fixes issue now released. Downloaded and all fine.