Call to arms...

Discussion forum for all Moth (Micro & Macro-moths (Lepidoptera)) related topics.
SteveH

Call to arms...

Post by SteveH »

Morning folks,

well, its almost that time of year again when Steve HH and I lock ourselves in darkened rooms for the winter, processing all your lovely records! If you have already finished trapping and or leaf-mining for the year then its never to early to submit your records. We would rather a trickle that's easy to handle than a tsunami thats ovewhelming! If you contiunue accruing data right through to the year end then receiving your records as soon into the new year as is possible would be appreciated. We aim to have everything done and dusted in time for the new season of mothing!

So, if you are done, please do forward your data to me (unless your submission is 100% micro-moths, in which case they can go straight to Steve HH). Simply put, the process is: everything comes to me first to validate the macros, I then pass on to Steve, who does likewise for the micros and then enters everything into the County database.

This is also a call for photographs to include in the Annual Report (publication about March 2020) - we only have space for the most interesting species so no need to pass through photos of Large Yellow Underwing even if they are amazing!

Our addresses are the same as usual:

stevehind32@btinternet.com
steve_marion@btinternet.com

Thanks in anticipation

Steve & Steve