Esperia sulphurella

Discussion forum for all Moth (Micro & Macro-moths (Lepidoptera)) related topics.
CliveJ

Esperia sulphurella

Post by CliveJ »

At last, something new for me this year. At the allotment the most interesting recent capture was a Pebble Prominent and apart from that I've been reduced to trying to take 'pretty' pictures of regular species, so a tiny moth dashing around the kitchen yesterday afternoon was a welcome diversion, especially when it turned out to be something I'd not seen before - Esperia sulphurella. The image in Sterling and Parsons was not instantly helpful for identification, but images on UK Moths confirmed it.
Esperia sulphurella
Esperia sulphurella
Pebble Prominent
Pebble Prominent
Green Carpet
Green Carpet
Brimstone Moth
Brimstone Moth
White Ermine
White Ermine
JulianB

Re: Esperia sulphurella

Post by JulianB »

More than just "pretty" pictures Clive - the one of the Green Carpet on a horsetail(?) with rain/dew drops is inspirational.

Julian
CliveJ

Re: Esperia sulphurella

Post by CliveJ »

Thanks for your comment - the Green Carpet is indeed on a horsetail, bane of the allotmenteers life, but doing good service for that picture. I liked that one myself, though for difficulty of achievement the Brimstone moth on a bramble leaf should get the prize.
PS if you like moths on weeds I tried another poncy one of Green Carpet on Bindweed https://www.flickr.com/photos/149980226 ... 669587018/

Cheers

Clive