Ephestia unicolorella and Mapmate

Discussion forum for all Moth (Micro & Macro-moths (Lepidoptera)) related topics.
melbellingham

Ephestia unicolorella and Mapmate

Post by melbellingham »

This post is for the benefit of Mapmate user’s who might have the same problem that I experienced recently. I recorded Ephestia unicolorella but found that Mapmate would not accept my record.

This was originally discussed in the post: ''help required by pfa47 on Tues 26/5/20''

I contacted Mapmate Support to ask for assistance which was very promptly supplied by Mark. He has also kindly given me permission to pass on the solution he provided, and I can confirm that it ‘worked for me’.

I have copied the details from his email reply, and hopefully if anyone else has encountered the same problem, it works for you.

Open MapMate
View > Species Checklist
Click the 'Taxa Library' tab
Click the Find button and enter: Ephestia unicolorella

Find that.

You should see this listed with an = in front indicating this is now a synonym for "Ephestia woodiella" (listed above it). You should also see another synonym of "=Ephestia parasitella"

If the above check is not true you are not patched correctly - let me know and I'll give detailed instructions. [If confident in patching you basically need to run Patches: 505, 506, 507, 510, 512 and 513. Run individually, one by one, and in that order. Then do the following.]

If the above check is true then do the following:

In MapMate
View > My Configuration

Next > Next to final step, making sure you preferences are all ticked off - and include plain "Lepidoptera". If you have any of the "ABH" Lepidoptera filters listed in Taxa DO NOT select these - make sure they are un-ticked. They are depreciated and contain issues.

At the last step ensure the option to "Optimize" is ticked and "Include Synonyms"
OK to complete this.

When done have a look in the View > Species Checklist again but this time select the 'My Taxa' tab. This is your working checklist. Navigate or search this to confirm you have these species we found firstly. Anything here is available to you to record and analyse.

Hope it helps,
Mel.
stevehind

Re: Ephestia unicolorella and Mapmate

Post by stevehind »

Thanks Mel
So Mark has updated Ephestia unicolorella to Ephestia woodiella but not transferred across the records. That's a nuisance, as it means I now have to see all the synonyms on my analysis reports.
We don't have that many confirmed county records, so I'll manually update them.
Regards
Steve