New VC58 (Cheshire) Macro-moth Recorder

Discussion forum for all Moth (Micro & Macro-moths (Lepidoptera)) related topics.
PaulMartinHill

New VC58 (Cheshire) Macro-moth Recorder

Post by PaulMartinHill »

New VC58 (Cheshire) Macro-moth Recorder:

Hi All,

I'm pleased to let you all know that I am now the Macro-moth Recorder for VC58 (Cheshire). I will be working closely with Steve Hind (VC58 Micro-moth Recorder), who has been looking after the role for the last twelve months or so, thanks Steve. You may continue to send your records to Steve, or you can send your Macro records to me, although I will be initially going through all the data on RODIS that needs verifying!!

We have also taken the opportunity to update the Macro-moth recording form, removing some species from the Photo required category, and adding some new species that have occurred in the county since the last list was produced. The new list will be available shortly via the Cheshire Moth Group pages of the RECORD website.

Cheers,

Paul

PaulMartinHill

Re: New VC58 (Cheshire) Macro-moth Recorder

Post by PaulMartinHill »

Hi all,

Attached is the new Macro-moth Recording list for VC58, detailing which species require a photograph (P) for verification purposes and which species we require a specimen (S) for. If you are fortunate enough to catch a moth not on the list please retain the moth, or at the very least get several good images of it and let Steve or I know as soon as possible. If it isn't on the list odds are that it will be new for the county!!

Paul

Attachments
VC58 Macromoth Recording Form (2012)v2.pdf
VC58 Macromoth Recording Form
(246.34 KiB) Downloaded 1232 times
SteveH

Post by SteveH »

Hi Paul,

A couple of questions about the Cheshire macro list .... one is the straightforward "has every species on the list been seen in Cheshire?!" - it looks like an amazing list if they have.

The second concerns "S" records... presumably they can be "P" for the same species under certain circumstances, such as if a larva has been found. Might it be worth generating another category of S/P, where S is for adults and P for larvae for species like the daggers etc;?

Just a thought.

Cheers,
Steve

PaulMartinHill

Post by PaulMartinHill »

The list is really designed for adult stages, as that is how most of the Cheshire moth'ers operate. However, I take your point and yes for some where it is possible to ID a confusion or difficult species in the adult stage, if 'Larval' is entered in the stage field when submitting data, then a specimen wouldn't be needed.

The list is a full list of species recorded in Cheshire, and is based on the one prepared several years ago, and then updated by Steve Hind, myself and the others on the Moth Panel.

Cheers

Paul

SteveH

Post by SteveH »

Thanks Paul,

you watch ..... I'll probably go all year now without seeing a single larva!

Hadn't realised the Cheshire list was as good as it is though ...... some nice surprises on there.

Cheers
Steve

davidtomlinson

Post by davidtomlinson »

Congratulations! My records will come as MapMate Sync files, so I'll need your e-mail address, please.

David Tomlinson

stevehind

Post by stevehind »

Hi David,

Paul will be able to access your records via Mapmate, so please do not send them directly as this may produce duplicates.

Contact details for all the Cheshire County Recorders can be found at:-

http://www.record-lrc.co.uk/c2.aspx?Mod ... ticleID=28

Regards,
Steve