Orthopygia (Hypsopygia) glaucinalis

Discussion forum for all Moth (Micro & Macro-moths (Lepidoptera)) related topics.
SteveCollins

Orthopygia (Hypsopygia) glaucinalis

Post by SteveCollins »

Orthopygia (Hypsopygia) glaucinalis:

I was reading the North Wales birding website and checking on the moth section as I know a couple of contributors and a photo was on there requesting an ID. I recognised it as one of the few micros that i had caught myself last month (10/8/2012). I said that I had settled on Orthopygia glaucinalis although in the new micro book it is Hypsopygia glaucinalis.

The response was that it was a very infrequent moth in North Wales so thought I had better post my photo on here to ask about it's frequency in Cheshire if anyone knows.

Cheers
Steve

SteveMcBill

Re: Orthopygia (Hypsopygia) glaucinalis

Post by SteveMcBill »

Steve,

There are currently 182 records of (Orthopygia glaucinalis) on the rECOrd database and the current distribution map shown by these records can be seen below.

As I understand it there should be data transference between the County Macro and Micro Moth recorders and rECOrd (and vice-versa) - I certainly hope that is correct.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Steve

Map of  Orthopygia glaucinalis records<br />in the rECOrd database
Map of Orthopygia glaucinalis records
in the rECOrd database
SteveH

Post by SteveH »

Hi Folks,

O.glaucinalis is something we only began catching in 2003, recording it annually until 2006. It then went missing until 2010-11 and is absent thus far this year.

We've had 10 records in all.

Cheers,
Steve

SteveCollins

Post by SteveCollins »

Hi,

Many thanks to the 2 Steves for their info and it seems it's not recently often recorded then but I seem to be in the right place on the distribution Map!

Glad I asked!

Cheers,
Steve

macchi

Post by macchi »

I've just come across this post and thought I'd let you all know that I had one of these in the garden this year for the first time. I can send a photo but it's very blurred I'm afraid. No doubt about the identification though. I live in Shocklach right at the southern tip of Cheshire near the Shropshire border.