Latest Orthoptera records

An area for archived forum posts
PaulMartinHill

Latest Orthoptera records

Post by PaulMartinHill »

Latest Orthoptera Records:

Whilst surveying round the wider Chester Zoo grounds yesterday, I found a single Slender Ground-hopper (Tetrix subulata). This is a new site for the species in Cheshire.

Once I've validated the latest batch of Orthoptera records, I'll put the current distribution maps up on the Forum.

Cheers

Paul
PaulMartinHill

Re: Latest Orthoptera records

Post by PaulMartinHill »

The Distribution maps are now available on the Forum. Whilst out at Delamere Forest yesterday for National Biodiversity Day we found both Common and Slender Ground Hoppers!!

Paul
PaulMartinHill

Post by PaulMartinHill »

Hi,

Below are images of the Slender Groundhopper from Delamere last weekend.
Slender Groundhopper
Slender Groundhopper
Last edited by PaulMartinHill on Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
PaulMartinHill

Post by PaulMartinHill »

I found more Slender Groundhopper at Anderton Nature Park on the lime bed yesterday, Common Groundhopper also present plus plenty of nymphs of Meadow Grasshopper

Paul
PaulMartinHill

Post by PaulMartinHill »

Whilst out and about at the zoo today as part of the Insects 2 CMI Day we found this red form of the Common Field Grasshopper:
2010-06-23_00001.jpg
2010-06-23_00002.jpg
PaulMartinHill

Post by PaulMartinHill »

I found both slender and common groundhoppers at Chester Zoo yesterday, whilst Mottled Grasshopper can now be seen at Little Budworth Common - best to look on the drier sandy areas for this species.

Paul
PaulMartinHill

Post by PaulMartinHill »

Mottled Grasshopper was found today at a new site - Hogshead Wood near Nunsmere Hall. The CMI day in the area also found Common Groundhopper at Abbott's Moss and several species of Ladybird and Shieldbug - the latter including Heather Shieldbug and Blue Shieldbug, both species for which there are less than half-dozen records on RODIS!!

Paul
PaulMartinHill

Post by PaulMartinHill »

During the CMI Recordathon at Overwater Marina near Audlem today we found Slender Groundhopper and Oak Bush-cricket - excellent :D