Count Me In! (CMI) Events For 2010

A training project for wildlife enthusiasts aimed at generating future wildlife recorders.

Count Me In! (CMI) Events For 2010

Postby SteveMcBill on Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:34 am

Count Me In! (CMI) Events For 2010:

The schedule of CountMeIn! events for 2010 can be seen over at:

http://www.record-lrc.co.uk/group.aspx?Mod=Article&ArticleID=CMI2010calendar

We look forward to meeting up with many of you during the coming year and hope you thoroughly enjoy the FREE wildlife events which have been arranged. Don't forget to book early !!!!

Steve :)
SteveMcBill

Re: Count Me In! (CMI) Events For 2010

Postby karenl on Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:52 pm

Join the CMI! team and Ian Wallace from Liverpool Museum for a Beach Party with a difference - Sunday 11th July 2010 :D

Wirral Country Park Visitor Centre, Thurstaston.

Free mini-bus from Chester Zoo - booking essential.

Drop in anytime during the day or book on one of two workshops:
10am-12.30pm or 1.30pm-4pm

Not to be missed!

See you there :)
karenl

Postby karenl on Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:08 pm

Two Count Me In! events this month!

8th August - 'There's a Buzz in the Air' at Ness Gardens with Tony Parker from Liverpool Museum.

15th August 2010 - 'Anyone for Crickets... Ladybirds and Grasshoppers! at Nunsmere Hall Hotel, with Jeff Clarke and Paul Hill.

Completely free - places are limited so book early!

Karen :)
karenl

Recordathon

Postby SteveMcBill on Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:56 pm

This Sunday, 5th September 2010 - 10am-4pm. Join the CMI! team and key ecologists/conservationists from the Cheshire region for a 'mega' wildlife recording session at the new 'Overwater' Marina at Audlem. Visit the CMI! events page for more details.

Mammals, moths, spiders, aquatics, botany, bees, birds, boat trips, tractor rides and lots more! - we have it all covered! See you there for a totally wild day out for the whole family.

Here are the final details for RECORDATHON, this Sunday 5th September – 10am-4pm.

Overwater Marina, Coole Lane, Newhall, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 8AY – tel: 01270 812677
http://www.overwatermarina.co.uk/
MAP: http://www.overwatermarina.co.uk/map.html
GRID REFERENCE: SJ651454

DIRECTIONS:
From the M6 take the A500 to Nantwich, then the A529 to Audlem. In Audlem take the A525 to Whitchurch and then a mile or so after you have left the village turn right into Coole Lane. The entrance to the Marina is approx one and a half miles along the lane on your right.

From Whitchurch take the A530 towards Nantwich, then take the A525 towards Audlem. After Lightwood Green turn into Coole Lane on your left. The entrance to the Marina is approx one and a half miles along the lane on your right.

From Staffordshire, go to Woore, then take the A525 to Audlem. Go through Audlem and then a mile or so after you have left the village turn right into Coole Lane. The entrance to the Marina is approx one and a half miles along the lane on your right.

Watch out for ‘Wildlife Recording’ signs at Coole Lane and the entrance to the Marina, then follow the arrows to the car park. If the car park is full you will be directed to the overflow car park.

SCHEDULE:
Public will have the option to follow our trail independently or book onto one or our regular guided walks via 4 stations, where leaders will be based recording and demonstrating a variety of survey techniques.

TOILETS:
Toilets are located in the main reception building.

BE PREPARED:
Wellies (or similar) strongly advised – it can get seriously muddy!

Please feel free to contact Karen Lawson if you need further information.
Email: countmein@record-lrc.co.uk
Phone: 01244 383749

SteveMcBill

Postby Chraig on Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:50 pm

Where is the venue for this weekend's CMI event please, thanks
Chraig

Postby hannah on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:29 pm

Hi Chraig,

It is at the National Waterways Museum in Ellesmere Port!

There is only limited tickets available for the Canal Boat Trips and work shops, so please contact Karen Lawson, the Project Coordinator on countmein@record-lrc.co.uk or 01244 383 749.

Thanks

Hannah
hannah

Return to Count Me In!