Small Red-eyed Damselfly

An area for archived forum posts
bungled

Small Red-eyed Damselfly

Post by bungled »

Small Red-eyed Damselfly:

Hi All,

3 Small Red-eyed Damselfly (Erythromma viridulum), 2m 1f, photographed today (18 August 2015 ) at Warmingham Flash , Sandbach (Flashes). Information from Andy Goodwin.

Cheers for now.
Geoff Lightfoot.

RachelMC

Re: Small Red-eyed Damselfly

Post by RachelMC »

Do you have the photos ? It would be good to post them on our Facebook page Cheshire Species Spotlight.

Thanks !
Rachel (RECORD Volunteer)

bungled

Post by bungled »

Hi Rachel,

This news came to me second-hand and so I'm sorry that I don't have the photos and don't know who has.

Cheers for now.
Geoff.

Davidk

Post by Davidk »

Having just got from a holiday to find that a new species for Cheshire has just appeared, I had better get the Cheshire Odonata website updated. I have some good images that Dennis Swaby has sent to me.

The appearance of this species is really good news. It is the species that I most expected to become established next in the county, but I thought it might take a few more years before it came this far up the west side of Britain. Andrew Goodwin is to be congratulated for having spotted these insects at Warmingham Flash.

RachelMC

Post by RachelMC »

Thanks for the updates. I've posted about this on our Facebook page, but used a photo (with credit) from the: British Dragonfly Society webpage.

Rachel

Davidk

Post by Davidk »

RachelMC wrote:Thanks for the updates. I've posted about this on our Facebook page, but used a photo (with credit) from the: British Dragonfly Society webpage.

Rachel

Please can you point me to the relevant Facebook page as it certainly isn't on the Record Cheshire one.

If you want images of the Cheshire insects you are welcome to use those on the Cheshire Odonata website. http://brocross.com/dfly/news/2015/sight.htm.

Cheers,
David

RachelMC

Post by RachelMC »

Hi David,

The Record Cheshire Facebook page isn't very often updated these days. We started a page called "Cheshire Species Spotlight" a while back to promote and share wildlife sightings and recording across Cheshire.

Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/SpeciesSpotlight.

And thanks for the link to the Odonata site !