Tachystola acroxantha.

Discussion forum for all Moth (Micro & Macro-moths (Lepidoptera)) related topics.
pfa47

Tachystola acroxantha.

Post by pfa47 »

Tachystola acroxantha:

Caught this last night in garden trap in Sandbach. Is it now widespread in Cheshire?

Attachments
Tachystola acroxantha
Tachystola acroxantha
PaulMartinHill

Re: Tachystola acroxantha.

Post by PaulMartinHill »

Tachystola acroxantha:

There are over 760 records of this species in Cheshire since 1992; mainly from the North-east of the County.

Paul

SteveH

Post by SteveH »

We've had 19 here in Elton since 2006 (six this year) between May and October, and I know Ray has had them at Frodsham too.

Steve

SteveMcBill

Post by SteveMcBill »

Tachystola acroxantha:

I've just done a search for Tachystola acroxantha on the rECOrd Data Portal and was very surprised to see ONLY 1 (one) record for this species on the database. It was from Tytherington Wood in 2002.

Have all the other records not made it to rECOrd as yet ?? Means there must be LOTS of data still to be entered into the system.

Steve

PaulMartinHill

Post by PaulMartinHill »

Steve,

I got my result by just using the Species Search on the Record Web Site.

Paul

stevehind

Post by stevehind »

It's spread out from the Manchester suburbs only during the past decade, mainly west along the M56/Mersey Valley, reaching Frodsham (2004), Elton (2006) and Great Sutton (2008). It reached Macclesfield by 2002 which was the furthest south, until now.

Steve

SteveH

Post by SteveH »

ALL our data get submitted to the respective recorders on an annual basis... the fact that rECOrd isn't up to date is far from surprising... the NBN Gateway is equally poor on the same front.

Steve

PaulMartinHill

Post by PaulMartinHill »

Hi Steve,

I think the rECOrd database is reasonably up-to-date, but the Portal (which Steve McWilliam used) didn't seem to pick up all the data, but the search facility open on the rECOrd Web-site did. This is a technical issue which will be looked into.

Paul