Across the border.

Discussion forum for all Moth (Micro & Macro-moths (Lepidoptera)) related topics.
swampthing

Across the border.

Post by swampthing »

I'll come clean straight away. This photo is from Lancashire, and my reason for asking for opinions is so I can compare people's thoughts with those I have already had. It will all help in my quest to grasp micros (I think)!

Cheers,

Andy
Attachments
P1050325.JPG
stevehind

Re: Across the border.

Post by stevehind »

Hi Andy

One of the Nematopogon species.

Regards
Steve
swampthing

Post by swampthing »

Thanks Steve. I did already know as much. I was just putting feelers out as to whether anyone could narrow it down to a specific member of that group. I'm being a bit naughty, as the Lancashire recorder had told me it was not possible, but I remembered a previous instance of my posting a photo of one on this site which someone 'positively' identified. Nevertheless, if it can't be done then at least I know for the future.

Cheers,

Andy
stevehind

Post by stevehind »

Hi Andy

They can be determined if you know the size but I struggle to judge sizes on photos

Regards
Steve
swampthing

Post by swampthing »

Fine with that, Steve. It was certainly smaller than the swammerdamella that I had identified on here (and had in my trap a few weeks back). Always grateful for any help on micros, as you will see on my other post tonight!

Cheers,

Andy B.