Would you like to play a part in the verification of Cheshir

Discussion forum for all Moth (Micro & Macro-moths (Lepidoptera)) related topics.
GasMacc1

Would you like to play a part in the verification of Cheshir

Post by GasMacc1 »

Would you like to play a part in the verification of Cheshire’s 2021 Moth Records?

I’m looking for about six “verifiers” to help with the process over the winter. You don’t have to be an expert at identifying moths! Following “the procedure” is more important.

How would it work? First, recorders submit their records to me. I would then produce a short-list of those records needing additional evidence. You would follow pre-defined instructions to look for evidence, using the “verification toolkit”. Evidence can be found on Cheshire Moth Charts, postings on Facebook, the forum or other logs.

E-mail the results back to me so that I can follow up any queries with the recorder.

It should take about 30 minutes to an hour a week on average, from mid-November to the end of January.

If you would like to join the Cheshire verification team, please e-mail me at d.j.maddy@btinternet.com and I will send you the verification toolkit! [I have edited the email address, correcting the typo which Rob (Shearwater) spotted -thanks!].

Thanks! Dave.
Last edited by GasMacc1 on Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
shearwater

Re: Would you like to play a part in the verification of Che

Post by shearwater »

Hi Dave
I'd like to volunteer for this, but I think your email address is wrong!
Cheers
Rob
GasMacc1

Re: Would you like to play a part in the verification of Che

Post by GasMacc1 »

Thanks Rob! More haste, less speed!

The correct internet address is d.j.maddy@btinternet.com

Very grateful that you would like to join the verification team. I already have an e-mail address for you, so will send you the verification toolkit.

And thanks for spotting the typo - that's just the kind of attention to detail that's needed in the verification team! :D