Lower Peover

Discussion forum for all Moth (Micro & Macro-moths (Lepidoptera)) related topics.
SteveCollins

Lower Peover

Post by SteveCollins »

Lower Peover:

Just back from holiday and noticeably colder. Put the trap out Friday and Saturday and was pleased to get some new moths for the garden despite only 10 and then 9 in the trap.

Figure of Eight, and Green-brindled Crescent being new to me and the garden on Friday, and Blair's Shoulder-knot new for the 10K square.

Best of all for me as never caught in Rochdale but always wanted to catch were 2 Merveille Du Jour last night (Saturday).

Cheers,
Steve

SteveCollins

Re: Lower Peover

Post by SteveCollins »

Hi,

Just wanted to check that I'm right with this one as a fairly dark Scarce Umber as never had one before so would be grateful if someone could confirm or put me right!.

Cheers,
Steve

SteveH

Post by SteveH »

Hi Steve,

Yep - looks good to me.

Cheers,
Steve

SteveCollins

Post by SteveCollins »

Great!

Thanks for that Steve.

Cheers,
Steve

SteveCollins

Post by SteveCollins »

Hi All,

Finally managed to get 2 December Moths last night (15th December 2012) to end the year and my time in Lower Peover!

Found out that my landlord and family are returning from Australia early next year so I have to leave soon. Fortunately I have found a new home in Mobberley which just scrapes into SJ77 the same as here!

I move in January and need to check out the neighbours and electric supply but hopefully will be able to continue trapping for the same 10K square and enjoy compiling a new site list!

A Happy Christmas and New Year to everyone.

Steve