Oak-bush Cricket?

An area for archived forum posts
macchi

Oak-bush Cricket?

Post by macchi »

Oak-bush Cricket?

I think I have identified this correctly (Oak-bush Cricket (Meconema thalassinum) ?). Are they common in Cheshire (Shocklach, southern tip)? I usually see one or two every year.

Thank you for any help.

Alison

Attachments
Oak-bush Cricket?
Oak-bush Cricket?
Oak-bush Cricket?
Oak-bush Cricket?
PaulMartinHill

Re: Oak-bush Cricket?

Post by PaulMartinHill »

Distribution Map for Oak Bush Cricket (Meconema thalassinum)<br />as at 16th September 2013
Distribution Map for Oak Bush Cricket (Meconema thalassinum)
as at 16th September 2013
Hi Alison,

Your ID is correct, Oak Bush Cricket (Meconema thalassinum) are probably under-recorded in Cheshire. I have attached the latest distribution map, although there some records to add, including some from the Tilstone area. Could you enter your records on RODISplease, or if you are not sure how to use RODIS, just put the date and location on here, and I can enter them for you. I hope to put together an up-to-date Atlas for Cheshire Orthoptera at the end of next year !!

Paul

[/color]
macchi

Post by macchi »

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your response and apologies for being so long coming back to you. I haven't quite got to grips with RODIS yet so should be grateful if you could put the record in for me this time. I saw it on 27 August 2013, location: SJ43754860 (Shocklach, near Malpas).

Hope this is all you need.

Kind regards.
Alison

PaulMartinHill

Post by PaulMartinHill »

Thanks Alison, I can do that for you.

Paul